How to automatically tag Zendesk tickets to supercharge reporting
Zendesk is an extremely powerful platform, but sometimes it can be hard to know exactly what people are talking about in your tickets, especially if you have hundreds of them.
That’s why we’re going to take you through how and why you should be automating your tagging process, to give you the reporting insights you need.
Why should you tag your Zendesk tickets?
You really need to tag your Zendesk tickets as part of your analytics and support strategy, here’s why:
1. Gain a better understanding of your issues
Tagging your Zendesk tickets makes it easier to spot recurring problems. Are users frequently reaching out about the same issue? Is there a common pain point across your customer base? With tags, you’ll be able to identify trends and prioritise what needs to be included in your product development roadmap.
2. Group and find conversations
Why waste your time searching through hundreds of conversations to find what you’re looking for? Creating tags allows you to quickly view all the tickets relating to that particular tag, making it much easier to find what you’re looking for.
3. Decrease support costs
By addressing recurring issues in your Zendesk tickets either by fixing them in the product or by providing better customer education content, fewer customers will reach out to the support team with the same set of questions.
This can help you keep your support costs under control and improve your team’s happiness, as they don’t have to deal with the same issue over and over again.
How to tag Zendesk tickets
Zendesk already has a tagging feature for tracking conversations. The downside of this feature is that it only works for tags you’ve already created. So whenever you receive new or unique tickets, these will still remain untagged, hard to find and difficult to report on.
You’ll also need to dedicate a lot of time and planning to manually set up this tagging process and remember to search for and add new tags on a regular basis.
How to fully automate Zendesk tagging
Luckily, you can get around this issue by using a third-party platform like Prodsight to automatically create the insights you’re looking for.
Prodsight directly integrates with Zendesk and scans your data using clever NLP techniques, so you can say goodbye to the headaches of manual tagging and gain a bunch of other benefits, like:
- Automatic topic suggestions: Using AI, Prodsight automatically uncovers the most important issues that you should be focusing on.
- Sentiment analysis: Allows you to better understand users through automatic sentiment analysis. This focuses on how customers feel about your products rather than just the volume of conversations.
- Simple dashboard reporting: Get everything you need in one easy-to-understand dashboard. You can see the top issues at a glance or dig deeper into specific conversation topics.
- Weekly email reports: You’ll get weekly trend reports, insights and prioritised recommendations directly to your inbox
If you’re looking for a way to automate and simplify Zendesk tagging for you and your team, Prodsight could be the answer. Try it for yourself with a 7-day free trial, with free access to all the features for one whole week.